Sunday, October 27, 2013

B.L.T Pizza - Delish!

One of my favorites - although, I don't indulge in it too often - is BLT Pizza! I know many people that thought it sounded so unappealing but after  trying it me forcing it on them, they decided it was surprisingly delicious!



Usually the part that doesn't sit will with some is the fact that there is a bit of miracle whip (or mayo) or it. Really though, that's what pulls it all together and they realize that after sampling it! Really!

Just start with a nice, fresh pizza dough, or make your own. I prefer to use the fresh dough balls from Portland Pie Company . Top it with your favorite, or homemade sauce and add plenty of shredded or fresh mozzarella cheese. Then sprinkle generously with cooked, chopped bacon. I know, I know...mayo AND bacon? Hey, I said it was delish, not heart healthy!




 Bake it at 425 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes - adjust bake time depending on how crispy and well-done you like your pizza pie. After it's finished baking, remove from the oven and let it set for just a couple minutes. Top with some squirts of mayo (or miracle whip, my preference), fresh diced plum tomatoes and fresh chopped lettuce. If you prefer, you could use fresh spinach or arugula instead!



To make it a bit easier, I put the miracle whip in a small squeeze bottle  - it tends to make a more even application instead of too big globs.

Indulge! Yes, it is probably a bit calorie dense, but show me a pizza that isn't! Besides, it does have some fresh veggies on it and everything in moderation. There I've justified it for you, now go make some!



No comments:

Post a Comment